Tuesday, January 5, 2010

HONESTY DOES NOT PAY HONESTLY

"Honesty is the best policy". This was imbibed in our minds right from our elementary school days. On many occasions I have got trashed up because I was honest. My teacher would ask me to stand up on the bench when I honestly told her that I have not done my homework. My father would pulp me when I honestly admitted that I took one rupee coin from his pocket when I was in class 8. My best (girl) friend became my worst foe when I honestly told her that I love her.
No doubt the fulfilment that I got out of being honest is something like standing atop mount Everest - but how long can you stand there? It is too cold out there and not many persons to give you company.
I have observed that the ones who lead dishonest lives are having a ball and the ones who are honest and loyal are getting fried their balls. Rhyming....isn't it?
It is a shame that most of the society (I like to use this generic word) is in shambles today because they have bartered honesty to buy better LIVING, without realising that it is damaging LIFE of the society members in general.
A policeman catches a thief and if the thief is willing to give a lions share of the booty to the policeman, the loot remains untraceable.
Judges, Doctors, Auto drivers.....name them. This disease has crept virtually into every strata of the society like cancer creeps in the affected human body.
The honest ones have learnt how to adjust and live cordially with the dishonest ones. This is where the problem begins.
If this blog can wake up the reader to realise that his honesty is not meant to co-exist with dishonesty of the society, and make him wage a war against dishonesty, then the time spent by me in typing this blog is really well spent.
I tell you again, Honesty is indeed the best policy. To eradicate dishonesty is a better policy than being honest. Let us fight the dishonest lot - either we must win or we must die.

No comments:

Post a Comment